Maintenance Shop Integration
Reduce fleet operating costs and save time with outsourced maintenance
How the Maintenance Shop Integration Works
Vehicle Enters Shop
Driver takes the vehicle to one of the 35,000+ in-network repair shops.
Repair Order Submitted
Shop creates an electronic repair order with necessary line items and submits for fleet manager review.
Handle approvals electronically via auto-approval policies or manually approve or reject line items.
Shop is notified of approval/rejection decisions and completes repair.
Back on the Road
Driver and vehicle get back on the road with the repair order data stored as a new service entry in Fleetio.
Empower your drivers to find shops easily and get back on the road faster
Preventative maintenance notifications
Drivers get quick PM reminders directly from their Fleetio Go app and can take immediate action to ensure safety and minimize vehicle downtime.
Find a shop easily
Through the Shop Directory, drivers can select their nearest or preferred shop to easily maintain their vehicle. With over 35,000 shops in the Directory and access to exclusive discounts, drivers will have no problem finding a shop that they can trust.
Reduce downtime for drivers
The fleet manager electronically approves the repair order and maintenance is completed. The driver gets back on the road fast. No payments, no expense reports, no hassles.Watch 2-minute Video
Maintenance & Repair Transparency
Increase efficiency for fleet managers and improve visibility into maintenance & repairs
Seamless repair order review
Quickly approve or reject maintenance line items from the shop or create auto-approval policies based on specific thresholds. Only pay for work that is approved and avoid overcharges.
Record service automatically and increase transparency
Completed repair orders and detailed line items are logged in Fleetio automatically, helping you report on current service data without the headache of data entry.
See how JW Danforth leveraged the maintenance shop integration to improve efficiencyView Case Study
Simplified Maintenance Billing & Reporting
Manage repair costs and reduce the burden on your accounts payable team
Painless billing with automated consolidation
Instead of sifting through service invoices, all service costs are automatically placed into a single itemized bill that includes all your vendors. This populates directly into Fleetio for easy high level or line item review.
Access exclusive discounts at shops nationwide
Leverage national account pricing and exclusive discounts regardless of fleet size and easily access maintenance shops that suit your specific needs.
Easily track maintenance and repair costs
Track your operational data and quickly create, view and share insightful reports. Gain a comprehensive view into your maintenance costs to inform strategic decisions and improve your total cost of ownership.See How ServiceMaster Restore Expedites Invoicing & Billing
See how Fleetio compares
- Manages approvals based on broad guidelines
- Difficult to access repair data on demand
- Limited visibility into maintenance trends
- National provider discounts but at the cost of hiring FMC
- Electronically approve or reject ROs at line-item level
- Access detailed maintenance history 24/7
- Easily spot cost and repair trends
- National provider discounts, regardless of fleet size
- Unnecessary time spent on phone with shops approving ROs
- No centralized maintenance records
- Difficult to spot trends from paper invoices
- National provider discounts limited for smaller fleets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a fee? Any additional cost to me?
There is no additional cost (outside of your current Fleetio subscription) to use this. Shops pay a transaction fee (similar to a credit card fee) which allows us to provide this service to you for free.
- How do I know if my shops participate?
We work with many national providers and over 20k independent shops. Get in touch to see if your favorite shops are part of the network.
- How do the auto-approvals work? Do I have control over that?
You have complete control over approvals (and rejections) by line item.
You can set rules based on a specific provider, cost, or service code (i.e. always approve oil changes at Jiffy Lube or always approve services under $100). You can also auto-reject certain items that you never want done by a shop.
- What happens if a service tasks doesn't fit my rules for auto-approval?
- Fleetio will notify you of line items needing your approval via email. From there, you can "approve" or "reject" individual line items, add notes and see notes from the shop. The system then automatically notifies the shop of your decision without a single phone call.
- If I reject something does it stop the whole repair order?
No. Approvals and rejections are done at the line item level and shops can only get paid for what you've approved.
- How often are completed service records brought into Fleetio?
- How do I get started?
With an active Fleetio trial or subscription, you can get set up and start approving external maintenance in 48 hours or less.
- So I get one monthly bill, how does that work?
Through a fleet billing/charge account, all repair orders completed at shops in the Fleetio Maintenance Provider Network are consolidated into one monthly bill.
You receive a monthly statement that you can quickly reconcile with a report in Fleetio.
You then have 30 days to pay the balance.
- How does the shop link the repair order to Fleetio?
Drivers identify themselves with ID cards (printed or through the Fleetio Go mobile app) upon entering the shop.
The shop will create a repair order with information from the ID card. Once submitted, repair order information is sent to Fleetio via integration with the shop's repair order management system.
- I already receive national pricing discounts through some of these providers, is what you're offering better?
- We can look up pricing schedules for you with any national providers we are working with. In some cases they are the same as their standard fleet account pricing and in some cases they are better. You can use whichever pricing is better.