Fleetio's Mark Usage Terms
Last updated: December 7, 2023
These Mark Usage Terms (what weʼll call the “Marks Usage Terms”) are intended to clarify how you may use our marks. These Mark Usage Terms do not permit you to use any other name, logo, icons, design elements or trade dress other than those displayed on the Logo Page (our “Marks”). To answer any questions you may have about these Marks Usage Terms or if you want to use our marks other than as permitted hereby, please email us at email@example.com. Some uses of our Marks will require an express license. In those cases, the terms of that license will govern. Other uses of our Marks will be governed by separate agreements or terms. In those cases, the terms of those agreements will govern. These Marks Usage Terms are intended to cover everything else, and will govern any uses of our Marks that are not governed by any other license or agreement. Before we get to the specific doʼs and donʼts, some general points:
- Our Marks are valuable assets. In following these Marks Usage Terms and using our Marks, you are acknowledging that we are the sole owner of the Marks and that you will not interfere with our rights in the Marks (including challenging our use, registration, or application to register a Mark). You also acknowledge that the goodwill derived from your use of any of our Marks inures to our benefit, and belongs to us.
- The permission that weʼre giving you to use our Marks is limited, in several ways:
- You can only use our Marks as expressly permitted under these Marks Usage Terms.
- The permission weʼre giving you is non-exclusive (meaning, we can give it to others) and non-transferable (meaning, you canʼt).
- We may update these Marks Usage Terms from time to time, and you will update your use of the Marks to conform to any changes we make within a reasonable time. It is your responsibility to check this page on a regular basis to see if changes have been made, and if they have, a new “Last updated” date will appear above.
- We may review your use of our Marks, including, without limitation, on your website, and require changes if necessary to comply with these Marks Usage Terms.
- We may terminate your permission to use our Marks at any time (and at our discretion). Upon termination you agree to promptly stop all use of the Marks (for example, by removing any Marks from any websites or applications).
So what then can you do and not do? To help you understand what that means in practice, we have created this list of what you can and canʼt do:
- Use our Marks only on the portion of your website or application that directly relates to our services.
- Use our Marks to indicate that we are participating at a conference or other event.
- Use our Marks to indicate that you are a Reseller of our services or a referral partner to our services, if you really are.
- Use our Marks in press and media coverage of Fleetio.
- Use our Marks consistent with our Brand Standards (and update your use to conform to any changes in those Brand Standards).
- Use our Mark without alteration and if you use it in combination with text regarding our services, you must use text that truthfully and accurately refers to us or our services. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing sentence, if you so use text, you may only use text that you find about us appearing on our website at https://fleetio.com, without modification to any such text. If you are a party to an agreement with us (an “Agreement”) and that Agreement requires our prior written consent in order for you to use our Mark, then that Agreement shall govern and you may not use our Mark without our prior written consent.
- Use our Marks except as described in these Marks Usage Terms (or otherwise agreed in an Agreement or otherwise in writing).
- Modify or alter our Marks in any way.
- Misrepresent your relationship with us, or use our Marks in any way that is misleading, or that would imply our endorsement or sponsorship of your goods or services (or anybody elseʼs goods or services). If an Agreement prohibits you from mentioning publicly our relationship, then the Agreement shall govern and you may not do so without our prior written consent.
- Use our Marks more prominently than your own (or any othersʼ).
- Use our Marks in any way that is unrelated to us or our services.
- Use our Marks on any tangible merchandise, including any promotional, marketing, swag, or other physical items without our prior written consent.
- Add anything in such close proximity to our Marks as to create a new mark with its own distinct commercial impression.
- Use or incorporate any of our Marks in your own trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade name, website name, domain name, corporate name, or social-media handle (or any other source-identifying use), or use any trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade name, website name, domain name, corporate name, or social-media handle (or any other source-identifying use) that is likely to be confused with any of our Marks.
- Use our Marks to show us or our services in any disparaging or derogatory light, or in any way that may be damaging to our brand or to our interests in the Marks.
- Use a ™ or ® in conjunction with our Marks. Different countries have different rules on this and in order to be consistent across regions we donʼt require your use at this time.